Sustainable Business Forum August 2nd – WOODEND
SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS FORUM – BOOK NOW BY RETURN EMAIL
Free Sustainable Business Forum
Date and Time: 2nd AUGUST, 2010 – 7.00 TO 9.00 P.M. IN WOODEND
The aim of this workshop is to assist you to identify solutions that will work for your business:
* How to SAVE MONEY on your bills by implementing a few basic changes
* How to improve your carbon footprint and offset carbon credits
* Sustainable business services and products: now one of the fastest growing industries – could your business tap into this market?
* Network with other “like-minded” businesses
Make a few environmentally conscious decisions now to improve the sustainability of your business. This will not only save your business money, but you will be working towards preserving this precious environment for YOUR children and future generations.
* Government tools & initiatives available for business
* Share resources & experience
* Build effective sustainability programs without reinventing the wheel
* Free waste or energy audit for participating businesses
7:00 Registration and Coffee
* Introduction by Peter Hansford – Macedon Ranges Sustainability Group
Guest Speaker, Ian McBurney – Environmental Educator
“Ian describes himself as an ecological sustainability mentor for government, business, communities and homes. He has a degree in environmental engineering and has spent seven years at the cutting edge of environmental education. Most of his work is in guiding businesses towards ecological sustainability, from management goal setting to organisational systems, symbols and understandings. His message is of the urgency of our ecological challenges, yet also of hope, imagination and opportunities: the winds of change are blowing from many fronts – make sure your organisation reaps the rewards, or at the very least, avoids the coming costs.”
Questions and Answers
* Sustainability Victoria – tools and resources available to business
* Calder Regional Waste Management Group – How is your business doing environmentally?
Questions and answers
Bookings: email@example.com (Leanne Davey)